STRUCTURE OF THE ASSOCIATION
ESNZ is an Incorporated Society with a Board of five members elected by the Members each year. The President is elected by the AGM from among the Board members.
At present our activities are funded primarily from Member subscriptions.
Membership is available to individuals and organisations in the following categories:
Individuals and organisations actively engaged in the electrical industry in new Zealand; including
a) those engaged in generation, transmission, distribution, wholesaling or retailing of electricity;
b) those involved in the manufacture or distribution of electrical equipment or electronic control systems;
c) those involved in the design, installation or servicing of electrical equipment or installations
Professional bodies, safety organisations, education institutes, Government agencies, etc
Individuals who have previously been involved in the organisation, and – having both retired from employment in the industry and reached the qualifying age for NZ superannuation – wish to remain involved; may apply for status of Retired Member.
Individuals who in the opinion of their fellows have rendered eminent service to the organisation may be elected to Life Membership
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP OF THE ASSOCIATION
Numerous members are part of Industry working Parties and can have a significant input on drafting of and review of-
- Codes of Practice
- New Zealand Standards
- Electrical Workers Registration Board – Audit systems and Competency issues
- TrainingAssist and resolve technical and administration (within the current deregulated regime) problems for members.
- Initiate and participate in Regional meetings.
- Newsletters are suplimented by distribution of area meeting minutes and feature a wide range of issues important to members and the industry as a whole.
- Collective weight to influence regulatory and industry bodies.
- The Association is a member of Standards New Zealand, and through that discounted standards are available to members.
- Bring issues of interest to members via contribution to industry magazines.
- Providing Networking services by being able to bring together members with different skills to help with their work and help them get work.
- Regular contact with Ministry of Commerce and Electrical Workers Registration Board personnel, through Board members participation in that sphere of operation. Through personal contact are able to more effectively assist members find out about issues and/or resolve problems and acquire information.
- Assistance to members on COC, ESC , Audit and Inspection issues, regulation and code issues, or where/when the Association cannot help, at least direct you to the best source for you to pursue an answer.
- Discounts on Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance.
- Maintenance Management Systems are available to members for use for their clients.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY NEW ZEALAND
Electrical Safety New Zealand is active representing the interests of members in a range of areas. Members have an opportunity to take advantage of a range of services offered by ESNZ, and to participate in ensuring a safer future for members and the public.
Following are some of the benefits available to you as a member:
ESNZ members are currently part of Industry Working Parties and make a significant input on drafting and reviewing :
- Regulations – EnergySafety
- Electrical & Gas Workers Safety Review
New Zealand Standards
- New Zealand Standards – ESNZ has representatives on joint Standards Committees and a representative on EL1
- Electrical Workers Registration Board (Audit Systems and Competency Issues)
Access to discounts on Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
Via area meeting minutes and newsletters, information up-dating members on what’s happening in the industry provides members with an opportunity to have their say.
ESNZ Advisory Service
Assistance to members:
- resolving technical problems
- audit and inspection issues
- regulation and code issues
- direction to the best source of information to help you
- Network with other electrical industry professionals in your region at our regional meetings.
- Matching service to link you with appropriate personnel to help grow your business.