STRUCTURE OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Organisation is an Incorporated Society with a Board of seven members including the President. Following the Annual Election, one of the Board members is elected Executive Director to oversee the day to day running of the organisation and to assist the full time Administrator in their daily tasks.
At present the operations of the Organisation are funded from Member subscription and training course fees.
In 2003 the ESNZ was awarded a nationwide contract to carry out electrical safety inspections of petrol/gas service stations. This has proven beneficial to all parties concerned and shown that the ESNZ can effectively run a nationwide independent compliance service.
Membership is available in three categories:
a) Full Member – Individual
b) Subscribing Member – Businesses
c) Corporate Member – for medium to large Corporations/Business
NOTE: MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL INDUSTRY TYPE PERSONNEL AND ORGANISATIONS. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A REGISTERED ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR TO JOIN.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP OF THE ASSOCIATION
- Numerous members are part of Industry working Parties and can have a significant input on drafting of and review of-
- Codes of Practice
- New Zealand Standards
- Electrical Workers Registration Board – Audit systems and Competency issues
- Assist and resolve technical and administration (within the current deregulated regime) problems for members.
- Initiate and participate in Regional meetings.
- Newsletters are suplimented by distribution of area meeting minutes and feature a wide range of issues important to members and the industry as a whole.
- Collective weight to influence regulatory and industry bodies.
- The Association is a member of Standards New Zealand, and through that discounted standards are available to members.
- Bring issues of interest to members via contribution to industry magazines.
- Providing Networking services by being able to bring together members with different skills to help with their work and help them get work.
- Regular contact with Ministry of Commerce and Electrical Workers Registration Board personnel, through Board members participation in that sphere of operation. Through personal contact are able to more effectively assist members find out about issues and/or resolve problems and acquire information.
- Assistance to members on COC, ESC , Audit and Inspection issues, regulation and code issues, or where/when the Association cannot help, at least direct you to the best source for you to pursue an answer.
- Discounts on Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance.
- Maintenance Management Systems are available to members for use for their clients.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY NEW ZEALAND
Electrical Safety New Zealand is active representing the interests of members in a range of areas. Members have an opportunity to take advantage of a range of services offered by ESNZ, and to participate in ensuring a safer future for members and the public.
Following are some of the benefits available to you as a member:
ESNZ members are currently part of Industry Working Parties and make a significant input on drafting and reviewing :
- Regulations – EnergySafe
- Electrical & Gas Workers Safety Review
New Zealand Standards
- New Zealand Standards – ESNZ has representatives on joint Standards Committees and a representative on EL1
- Electrical Workers Registration Board (Audit Systems and Competency Issues)
- The ESNZ runs nationwide electrical practitioners training courses, using current approved techniques with course material presented electronically.
- In order to maintain the high standard of our training courses, we have prepared, and are about to lodge an application for NZQA accreditation.
Access to ESNZ training courses at a reduced rate. We currently organise:
- Electrical Inspector Training Course Update
- Electricity and Fire Seminar
- Test Instrument Training
- Competency Training
- Courses can also be taken on site if sufficient numbers.
- Medical Area Courses
Access to discounts on Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
ESNZ is a member of Standards New Zealand, and we are able to offer members significant discounts when purchasing standards through us.
Via area meeting minutes and newsletters, information up-dating members on what’s happening in the industry provides members with an opportunity to have their say.
ESNZ Advisory Service
Assistance to members:
- resolving technical problems
- Certificates of Compliance
- Electrical Safety Certificates
- Maintenance Management Programmes
- audit and inspection issues
- regulation and code issues
- direction to the best source of information to help you
- Network with other electrical industry professionals in your region at our regional meetings.
- Matching service to link you with appropriate personnel to help grow your business.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY NEW ZEALAND
2016 Conference and Annual General Meeting
Select PDFs below: